Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Finding a Balance

Recently, I had a friend talk about how time seems to move faster as you get older and it seemed like a foreign concept to me until I stopped long enough to really think about those words.

I recall growing up and always searching for the next milestone.  I could not wait until I turned 16 so I could start driving.  When I am 18, I will graduate from high school and apply to college.  When I am 21, I can vote and will be finishing college.  I was always trying to rush time.  Now, at 41, I am digging my heels in and trying to slow things down and find a favorable balance.

My last post was in August when the Autumn/Winter Idea Book launched and I am sad to say that that is my last clear memory of my paper crafting love since school started!  I have not been in the craft room for more than just a couple of minutes since seeing the girls off for the first day of school.  With both of them in the marching band this year, we put in hours too numerous to count hauling podiums, filling water coolers, helping with competitions, straightening hats, sorting plumes and the like.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVED every minute of it, but in light of it being the New Year, I have decided to set some new goals.  (I hate resolutions!)

1.  Find Balance
     Work and play should be balanced.  I love my Close To My Heart business and am sad that it takes a     back seat most of the time to work.  WORK comes in a variety of forms.  Paper crafting is essentially my "therapy" and brings so much happiness so I am going to make sure to clear my calendar more often to make it a point to craft and share my love of crafting with others.

2.  Reduce Toxins
     This one makes me giggle a little.  I am in better shape than I ever was in my 20s but there is much room for improvement.  I am going back to my high protein diet and eliminating the stuff that I know is bad for my body:  sodas, sugar, carbs.  I am also eliminating people who are toxic because it destroys my mental health.  Gone!  Outta here!

3.  Say NO!
     Stop laughing.  Really.  I am going to say no more often.  I am a compulsive volunteer and always put others before myself, my needs and my family.  In an effort to strike that balance that I so greatly desire, "NO" will be heard more often.  There is your warning.

I have a few more goals/challenges that I am working on but this seems like a great place to start.  I hope you find peace, strength, prosperity, good health and BALANCE in the New Year!

Wishing you well,

No comments:

Post a Comment