Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Convention Swaps

The Close To My Heart Convention is just around the corner and due to end of school festivities, Summer Camp, Girl Scout Twilight Camp and the downstairs remodel, I have put creating my swap cards off until the last minute.  For the last three years, I have taken anywhere from 100 - 200 swaps and have accepted the fact that that just may not happen this year.  To compensate for the lack of variety in swaps, I decided that I had to have some real WOWIE! swaps to take.

I spent some time searching for unique folds, beautiful color combinations and versatile stamps.  You know, we have all that in the Close To My Heart line so I did not have to go too far to find them!  I love reading blogs and visiting Pinterest for inspiration and am NEVER disappointed.  I have not gotten very far on creating swaps because I decided to take some time to perfect one particular fold that I have fallen head over heals for....the Cascade Fold.

I love this one so much that I am going to design a card class to incorporate it because I know my card makers will love it just as much as I do.  I am not even close to being ready to post pictures of swap cards, but I do want to give you an idea of the card that has captured my attention for the time being.



I do not know where this originated, but greatly appreciate Stamp & Scrap with Frenchie for sharing her expertise and creating easy to follow steps.  You can rest assured that you will be seeing many more creations in the Cascade Fold in the coming days because I think this is perfect for any occasion!  The double-sided Close To My Heart paper is ideal for this type of project.  What?  You are running low?  No worries, my friend!  It is easy to stock up here.  While you are there, don't forget that this month only, you can purchase two sets of stamp sets (A, B, C, D or E) and get one for FREE during our STAMPAGANZA!


Now, it is your turn!  Send me pictures of your creations.

Craftily yours,


No comments:

Post a Comment